Public records requests for the Port of Pasco and Tri-Cities Airport may be submitted by email the public records officer, by completing the Port of Pasco Request for Public Record Form below, or by calling the Port office.
The Port will respond promptly to your request. Within five business days after receiving a request. the Port will either:
- Make the records available for inspection or copying or the requestor may be provided the Port's internet address and link to the records requested that are available on the website; or
- If copies are requested and payment or deposit for the copies, if any, is made or terms of payment are agreed upon, send the copies to the requestor; or
- Acknowledge the request and provide a reasonable estimate of when records will be available; ; or
- If the request is unclear or does not sufficiently identify the requested records provide, to the greatest extent possible, a reasonable estimate of the time that will be needed to respond to the request, and request clarification from the requestor. The public records officer or designee may revise the estimate of when records will be available; or
- Deny the request. The request can only be denied if it is not an actual request for public records, a record does not exist, or if the record in its entirety is legally exempt from disclosure.
Public Records Officer:
1110 Osprey Pointe Blvd., Suite 201
Pasco, WA 99301
For more information regarding public records disclosure, please visit the Public Records and Open Meetings section of the Washington State Attorney General website at www.atg.wa.gov/obtaining-records